Dr. Freeman's love for orthopedics and sports medicine began in high school. She was a multi-sport athlete and a student athletic trainer, so she was exposed to sports injuries and the management of these injuries early in life. She earned her undergraduate degree from the University of South Dakota where she also played soccer. She then completed her medical degree at the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine followed by an internship at the University of California- San Francisco. She then went on to complete orthopaedic residency at the University of Missouri. After residency, she completed a Sports Medicine Fellowship at Fairview/MOSMI in the Twin Cities.
Dr. Freeman is currently a practicing orthopaedic surgeon in the Twin Cities. She is a team physician for Minnesota United Football Club as well as the Northern Lights Volleyball Club.
- B.S., University of South Dakota
- M.D., University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine
- Internship, General Surgery, University of California-San Francisco
- Residency, Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Missouri
- Fellowship, Sports Medicine, Fairview/Minnesota Orthopaedic Sports Medicine Institute